Elizabeth, Catherine Mei and Daniel
Our Story
If you are reading this, you probably know us and the story behind our adoption journey. We are Daniel and Elizabeth Hudson who live in New Orleans, LA. In August of 2004, we traveled to the Guangdong province of China to adopt our daughter Catherine who was less than a year old. Parenthood has been an amazing journey and we eagerly pursued adoption of a second Chinese child in 2006. Things on the adoption front changed and we have been waiting to expand our family for almost three years. Several months ago, we came across a waiting child on our adoption agency's website. After gathering more information, and discussing her "issues" with medical professionals, we have decided to bring home our next daughter, Wang Yue Hong. She will turn two years old on August 17th. She is also waiting for us in the Guangdong province.
Our Family of Four
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Venturing Out of the Fog
Life goes on and we must not be stuck in the fog of intense sleep deprivation. My current mantra. Big things have happened in the last two days. First, a full night of sleep by little miss Charlotte night before last. We won't recap last night because she was back to her old tricks. Yesterday, Charlotte turned 2 years old. She had a little party at the dinner table with whatt was apparently her first experience with balloons and cupcakes. Both were a hit as you can imagine. She received her very own Mei Mei doll because Catherine was not so sure about giving up hers anymore, playdough, and little people Legos. Today, big sister Catherine started 1st grade at her new school. Where does the time go? Catherine insisted that little sister accompany her to her first day of school so I engaged in my first community outing with two kids in tow. Oh my... if someone was only videotaping for a reality t.v. show. Hah! We were of course rushing because, well just because. We were running from blocks away to make it on time and it started to rain. The new one does not have any clue how to use her body to hug up to you when holding her so she is just dead weight. If I let her go, she will not hold on, she will simply fall to the ground. Give me a break. Catherine was hurrying behind me and bravely stood in line and filed up the stairs to her new class. Luckily she knows a few kids at her new school and though I was not supposed to go upstairs and peek, I did. She chose a seat on the front row next to her friend Naomi and waved and blew me a kiss when she saw me peek around. As I was pulling up to the house after dropping her off, my neighbor, Rebecca, was walking to the coffee shop with her son who is also two so Charlotte and I joined them. Took Charlotte a while to warm up but it was nice to get out and visit. So, I am feeling more human. I have always stated that I wanted at least three kids. For now, I am not so sure about that. Now it is off to find a washer because ours broke after the first two loads of piles of laundry from our trip. Daniel's mother left this morning so now it is the real deal. No more help with the girls or the house. We can handle it. Right???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment